Bug in reply_write_and_X?

Conrad Minshall conrad at apple.com
Tue Dec 10 04:11:00 GMT 2002

At 10:36 AM -0800 12/7/02, jra at dp.samba.org wrote:
>On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 01:42:18AM -0800, Conrad Minshall wrote:
>> The server's
>> local filesystem has a maximum filesize of 16 Terabytes.  If my
>> client attempts a writex with an offset of exactly 16TB then I see
>> ERRnoaccess

>The code return(UNIXERROR(ERRDOS,ERRnoaccess));  doesn't always
>mean return ERRnoaccess, this code actually calls a function
>that checks the value of the unix errno and maps that to a
>Windows error. If no mapping can be made then a default error
>of ERRnoaccess is returned.
>
>The interesting question would be, why is the write at 16Tb
>not setting an errno that is seen by this code ?

A local filesystem has to return EFBIG to Samba (per POSIX "write" system
call def'n) and in the Samba source I'm looking at EFBIG isn't used
anywhere relevant to a WRITE_ANDX, in particular it isn't in the
"unix_dos_nt_errmap" array.  That seems too simple though... what am I
missing?

--
Conrad Minshall ... conrad at apple.com ... 408 974-2749
Alternative email addresses: rad at acm.org and conrad at mac.com.