Bug in reply_write_and_X?

jra at dp.samba.org jra at dp.samba.org
Tue Dec 10 04:15:00 GMT 2002

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 08:10:00PM -0800, Conrad Minshall wrote:

> A local filesystem has to return EFBIG to Samba (per POSIX "write" system
> call def'n) and in the Samba source I'm looking at EFBIG isn't used
> anywhere relevant to a WRITE_ANDX, in particular it isn't in the
> "unix_dos_nt_errmap" array.  That seems too simple though... what am I
> missing?

Nope, you're not missing anything. It really is just a missing mapping
for EFBIG error. That's not one we've ever seen returned before (I guess
no one else tested us this way :-). Of course, looking in my POSIX spec
and in the Linux man page, there it is :-).

Now, the question is, what should it map to ? NT_STATUS_DISK_FULL doesn't
seem right as the disk isn't full.

Hmmm. Any suggestions or should I look through the NT_STATUS error codes
and see what matches best. Of course the best way would be to send the
equivalent call to W2K and see what NT_STATUS code it returns....

Jeremy.