STAT_ST_BLOCKSIZE on HP-UX

Herb Lewis herb at sgi.com
Mon Dec 9 15:30:01 GMT 2002

DEV_BSIZE is also correct for IRIX

Michael Steffens wrote:

> jra at dp.samba.org wrote:
> >>It remained on 8192 for HP-UX (which is the number given
> >>by st_blksize) and which seems to be just as wrong there.
> >>The correct unit of st_blocks is 1024, instead.
> >

> > I got this value from the HPUX team (who site near me in
> > Cupertino) but I'll check again....
>
> I first deduced the value by correlating st_blocks with
> st_size, and the output of "du -k", respectively.
>
> Searched documentation about the correct value and found
> an old support call stating
>
>    "Anyway, st_blocks is measured in DEV_BSIZE units (sys/param.h),
>    which on HPUX is 1k."
>
> Maybe this is the answer also for other platforms? At least
> on Linux and Solaris /usr/include/sys/param.h also contained
> correct values (512). On AIX it is in /usr/include/sys/dir.h.
>
> Michael

Herb Lewis                               Silicon Graphics
Networking Engineer                      1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy MS-510
Strategic Software Organization          Mountain View, CA  94043-1351
herb at sgi.com                             Tel: 650-933-2177
http://www.sgi.com                       Fax: 650-932-2177
PGP Key: 0x8408D65D