STAT_ST_BLOCKSIZE on HP-UX

Michael Steffens michael_steffens at hp.com
Mon Dec 9 10:38:00 GMT 2002

jra at dp.samba.org wrote:
>>It remained on 8192 for HP-UX (which is the number given
>>by st_blksize) and which seems to be just as wrong there.
>>The correct unit of st_blocks is 1024, instead.
>

> I got this value from the HPUX team (who site near me in
> Cupertino) but I'll check again....

I first deduced the value by correlating st_blocks with
st_size, and the output of "du -k", respectively.

Searched documentation about the correct value and found
an old support call stating

   "Anyway, st_blocks is measured in DEV_BSIZE units (sys/param.h),
   which on HPUX is 1k."

Maybe this is the answer also for other platforms? At least
on Linux and Solaris /usr/include/sys/param.h also contained
correct values (512). On AIX it is in /usr/include/sys/dir.h.

Michael