namecache redesign

Rafal Szczesniak mimir at diament.ists.pwr.wroc.pl
Fri Aug 30 13:41:01 GMT 2002

After some talks on #samba-technical the idea of redesiging
namecache has raised. The problem is that current namecache
is probably broken in some parts (as far as I and others have
seen) and yet another cache for trusted domain names is needed,
when we're just a domain member. I'm sure there's much more
things that might be nice to cache, if possible.

Hence the idea of redesigning the cache so that it could contain
various values selected in type by apropriate key prefix,
like NBT/... in case of netbios names.

What do you think about this ?

Jerry, Tim ?

--