Patches to samba 3.0, alpha19 for Stratus VOS

'Jelmer Vernooij' jelmer at nl.linux.org
Wed Aug 21 16:57:00 GMT 2002

On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 09:11:40PM -0400, Green, Paul wrote about 'RE: Patches to samba 3.0, alpha19 for Stratus VOS':
> Jelmer Vernooij [mailto:jelmer at nl.linux.org] writes:
> > On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 05:03:21PM -0400, Green, Paul wrote
> > about 'Patches to samba 3.0, alpha19 for Stratus VOS':
> > > I would like to propose the following patches to Samba 3.0,
> > > alpha19 so that it will build a little easier on my system.  We
> > > have a fairly strict POSIX-96 implementation that is missing a
> > > few Unix-specific features.  Samba comes very close to building
> > > cleanly, and with just a few more changes, is able to build on
> > > VOS.  This is not the complete set of patches to get samba to
> > > run on VOS; it is just the subset that I feel properly belongs
> > > in the master code base.

> > > I have tested these changes on Stratus VOS and on a Solaris
> > > workstation.  samba-3.0-alpha19 builds fine on both platforms
> > > with these changes.  None of these changes are VOS-specific; and
> > > I believe they are safe for all of the Samba build platforms.
> > Patch applied but without shortening the names. The problematic files
> > are not necessary for samba to function properly anyway.
> Thanks very much.  I appreciate it.  I thought that was probably true for
> the last 4 files; is it also true for the sgml/html files?  Those files were
> only 1 character over the limit...sigh.

you shouldn't need to use the sgml files on your box - they're for
developers only. So if the html files get cut by one character they
get the extension .htm which should be valid as well...

jelmer

--
Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at nl.linux.org> - http://nl.linux.org/~jelmer/
Development And Underdevelopment: http://library.thinkquest.org/C0110231/