I have a excel problem

alex alex at mountainviewdata.com
Sun Aug 18 19:50:01 GMT 2002

This is mainly because of excel:

user a created a.xls
change acl of a.xls to :
  everyone:r--
  a:rwx
  group:rwx
after user a save file a.xls, its acl changed to:
  everyone:rwx
I think excel remoeved the orignal file and created a new file, this file inherited parent directory's default acl, which is o::rwx
If I remove parent directory's default acl, even user a cannot access to file a.xls after saving file.
It's a bug of Excel?
All these tests were run in Windows 2000, within a NTFS partition.

--
Alex Xiang