New sam system

Kai Krueger kai at kruegernetz.de
Sat Aug 10 09:51:01 GMT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Bartlett" <abartlet at samba.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2002 1:09 AM

> Kai Krueger wrote:
>
> > P.S. perhaps adding const all along would make it clear which parameters
are
> > "in parameters" and which are "out paramters"
>
> Yes, that would be a very good idea.

The appended patch adds const to all base function parameters that are "in"
parameters. The parameters without const are therefore "out". The exception
to this rule are the handles. In some functions the handles are "in"
parameters and not changed to the callers point of view but still do not
have const. This is because they might be changed internally (depending on
the way those handles are implemented :-).

In addition, I've started to add comments to all base functions. A lot of
the function names are self explanatory, but I think some actually did
profit of being explained :-)

> Andrew Bartlett

Kai