RPC major/minor codes ??

D. Jemms newfeatures at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 11 20:52:02 GMT 2002

HI,
>On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, D. Jemms wrote:
>
> > HI,
> > I am using Samba for my startup company.Want to know few important
>things
> > about the code.
>
>If you mean what I think you mean, the implications are staggering.
>
> > How is RPC mechanism in samba is handled.any guidelines will be really
> > helpful to me.What does it do in RPC ?what it does with getting major
>,minor
> > numbers ?
>
>If Samba is so important to your business plan, you need to spend lots of
>time with the code or find someone who has!
>
>The base protocol does not need RPC, but to do most things with domain
>controllers requires it!
I need to work with DC so is this.
when the request is send from windows client (read share request) to the
samba server sitting on unix ,the data has been sent using RPC call and it
opens pipe (netlogon,srvsvc or whatever) .so how this data is handled in
samba and where are the procedures for RPC call are implemented ?