Samba 3.0 branch created

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.org
Thu Apr 11 16:47:01 GMT 2002

I have just created the SAMBA_3_0 branch in the Samba cvs tree.  The
aim of this branch is to work towards stabilising the current Samba
HEAD code for eventual release as Samba 3.0.

I did this after some discussion with Jeremy (who is our release
manager) as there are a number of sites that are starting to use the
Samba HEAD code in production, because they need particular features
like ADS or the advanced passdb facilities. This really indiicates
that we should be starting the push towards a stable Samba 3.0
release.

It is not yet clear how long it will be before the final Samba 3.0
release. As we work to stabilise that branch and testers confirm that
it works well we will start thinking about a release schedule.

If you want to use the SAMBA_3_0 branch then please use the following
cvs command:

	cvs -z3 -d :pserver:cvs at pserver.samba.org:/cvsroot co -r SAMBA_3_0 samba

then to follow development use the following commands:

	cd samba
	cvs update -dP

Cheers, Tridge