VFS recycle bin

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Sun Apr 7 06:11:01 GMT 2002

Rainer Link wrote:

> Juergen Hasch schrieb:
>
> [..]
>
> > The recycle bin can be configured with the file /etc/samba/recycle_bin.conf:
> > [ recycle bin ]
> > name = .recycle
> > maxsize = 100000
> > exclude = .tmp.temp.o
> > excludedir = /tmp/temp/
> >
> > It's hardcoded for now because vfs_option doesn't seem to be implemented.
>
> Hum, vfs options seems to be implemented in 2.4.4-pre. But, actually, it
> seems the current code can handle only one vfs options entry, i.e.
>
>     vfs object = /usr/local/samba/lib/vscan-sophos.so
>     vfs options = abc = 123
>     vfs options = yxz = 321

The smb.conf parser does not know how to handle this - it just stores
one value in one option space.  In the passdb code, the option is
specifed on the same line as the 'passdb backend' stuff.  In the
stackable passdb stuff, we just make it a list.  That makes the option
syntax a bit long, but quite sensible.

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net