smbclient -M : big delays

Anders C. Thorsen anders at cwd.no
Tue Apr 2 06:56:02 GMT 2002

Atleast long delays is a problem using NET SEND between two Windows 2000 and
Win2k to WinXP computers that are not part of the same domain (no trust
either).

This occurrs even if the user sending the message authenticated to
\\DESTINATION\IPC$ and are able to access shares on the othe computer.

Between two Win2k clients within the same domain, the NET SEND command
returns instantly.

Perhaps this is some sort of measures taken on Microsoft's part to avoid
"spamming" from non-authenticated clients?

 --Anders