Windows viruses hitting linux.....

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Fri Sep 28 08:30:02 GMT 2001

"Correale, Ernest" wrote:

> David,
>         Can you point me in the right direction for more info on Samba's
> ability to "veto" files.  This would be very useful in many ways.

	The syntax is veto files = slash-list,
	where a slash list is something like
	/xxx.dll/yyy.dll/zzz.exe/

 	It's a "list of files not to allow the client to
	see when listing a directory's contents".
	That means user's can't find them in
	a directory, and in principle can't read
	or write them.

	This is not perfect: you might be able
	to open a file with an absolute path to
	infect it, but you can't search for it
	so the latter makes it hard for virii
	to spread.

--dave
Americas Customer Engineering, | some people and astonish the rest.
SunPS Integration Services.    |                      -- Mark Twain
(905) 415-2849                 | davecb at canada.sun.com