generating docs from DocBook sources

Rafal Szczesniak mimir at spin.ict.pwr.wroc.pl
Tue Sep 25 17:25:01 GMT 2001

What do you think about this? It's about docs/docbook/manpages
actually, but anything else from docbook sources will be concerned
(sooner or later).

(1) Is it better to check with the ./configure script what files do we
actually have in docbook/manpages (note, that these may change as more
i18n languages may be supported as time goes) and on that basis
generate proper Makefile by substituting variable in Makefile.in

 or

(2) to leave it as is, hardcoding further i18n files in Makefile.in
(just like it's done now). This may unneccessarily enlarge Makefile.in
as, after some period of time, it may contain paths to the same file
actually, but in 5 (just for instance) languages ! It sounds like a
kind of redundancy even if these paths would differ with lang
subdirectory name.

Plese, tell me what do you think, because this affects my decision on
which patch to send.

cheers,

Rafal 'Mimir' Szczesniak <mimir at spin.ict.pwr.wroc.pl>   |
*BSD, Linux and Samba                                  /