winbind question

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Wed Sep 19 19:37:02 GMT 2001

On Wed, 19 Sep 2001 jtrostel at snapserver.com wrote:

> If I am using winbind, should the domain users and groups ever show up
> in the passwd or group files?  I can authenticate using the Domain
> server, I can see the users and groups using wbinfo, there are .tdb
> files in /usr/local/samba/var/locks.

If you have the libnss_winbind.so.2 library installed.  Did you install
it into /lib and add

	passwd: files winbind

to /etc/nsswitch.conf?

> The winbind man page needs to cover this for rh71 with specific
> reference with what to do about the /lib/security/pam_stack.so
> service=system-auth entries.  The man page should list exactly which
> pam.d files need to be changed to allow either just samba file/print
> sharing to work or to allow full login and authentication via the
> Domain controller to work (if they indeed are different).

Sounds like a volunteer to update the docs?  :-)  (hey john)

cheers, jerry
 www.samba.org              SAMBA Team              jerry_at_samba.org
 www.plainjoe.org                                jerry_at_plainjoe.org