Errors compiling latest CVS on Solaris 8

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Fri Sep 14 09:08:14 GMT 2001

On Fri, 14 Sep 2001, Toomas Soome wrote:

> I'm not sure about this -- pdb_getsampwnam() does not use enumeration
> state - does it?

The underlying smbpasswd routung has to.  Se pdb_smbpasswd.c
implementation.

> hee, this seems to be problem with pdb_smbpasswd.c only -- tdb, ldap
> and nis will not broke enumeration, so it's problem for
> pdb_smbpasswd.c backend and should be fixed there! I guess, it's quite
> possible to rewrite pdb_getsampwnam in pdb_smbpasswd.c.

Enumerating LDAP is another problem altogether :-)
Just remember that smbpasswd is the most used backend
currently.  We cannot break it.  We could (and should)
fix this in the underlying smbpasswd lookup code, but I
don't have time to look at it this week.

cheers, jerry
 www.samba.org              SAMBA Team              jerry_at_samba.org
 www.plainjoe.org                                jerry_at_plainjoe.org