multiple nmbds domains workgroups...

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Fri Sep 14 06:46:02 GMT 2001

On Thu, 13 Sep 2001, Kenny Stoltz wrote:

> I need support in nmbd for multiple domains and workgroups. I don't
> know if you guys are on the samba list, but I have posted sufficent
> detail there about the "whys" of this, I would refer you to there
> first, but I can repeat myself if necessary, just say the word.
> Basically I want a single machine to not only impersonate multiple
> smbd machines, but also multiple wins servers, browsers, and pdcs on
> different workgroups on different subnets on the same machine. The
> goal is to be able to run 256 of them from a single machine.

IIRC from talks with Andrew, there are some protocol limitation
to implementing this.  I'll let him or Chris (or Jeremy)
comment on this specifics as they are escaping my mind right now.

cheers, jerry
 www.samba.org              SAMBA Team              jerry_at_samba.org
 www.plainjoe.org                                jerry_at_plainjoe.org