Created Files and Directories not showing
josephk at std.teradyne.com
Mon Sep 10 13:48:08 GMT 2001
I have another really pressing issue that is about
to necessitate me downgrading my samba installs.
1. I just upgraded my samba servers to version 2.2.1
from version 1.9.18.
2. We have two samba servers. These were sharing the
same configuration file from the network, and each now
have their own configuration files.
3. Both servers are running Solaris 2.6.
4. One server (we'll call it server1name) does show up in
the Network Neighborhood, while the other does not.
5. We run in a mixed Solaris/Windows NT environment.
6. Here is a sample of the [GLOBAL] section from the first
workgroup = BIGMAGIC
netbios name = server1name
server string = Samba %v on (%L)
min passwd length = 6
log level = 1
log file = /net/adm/samba/samba.log.%L
local master = No
wins server = ###.###.###.###
# In real world there are numbers listed under WINS server
homedir map = u_auto
NIS homedir = Yes
hosts allow = ###.###.
When a user creates a new directory on the top level of their
Unix home directory in Unix, when they go to their samba connection
in NT the directory is not there.
1. If they refresh it is not there
2. If they disconnect the network connection and
reconnect it is still not there.
3. If they are connecting for the first time it still does
not show up.
On the other hand if a person creates a new file or subdirectory anywhere
below the top level of the home directory it shows up immediately as
Any suggestions would be extremely appreciated.
More information about the samba-technical