Turkish translations for swat

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at samba.org
Mon Sep 10 01:02:31 GMT 2001

Deniz Akkus Kanca wrote:
>Is the plan for i18n_swat to be always turned off by default? I think it
>would be best if it were the default action.

I think so, too.
Anyway first we should merge SWAT i18n feature and after it is stable
enough, then let's talk again?

>Is there any reason why the i18n_swat.mo file needs to be kept under the
>samba directory (/usr/local/samba/share/locale) and not with the rest of the
>.mo files in the system? (in RH7.1, /usr/share/locale)

Essensialy SWAT i18n does not have nothing to do with the OS locale
system. Seperating SWAT i18n and OS locale system, we can use SWAT
i18n even if there is no locale system on the OS, and also use it even
if OS locale system is different from GNU gettext.

In Japanese Edition, first we used OS local systems as far as possible,
but soon we stoppped to support them and support internal GNU gettext
only because there are several locale systems(i.e. catgets, GNU
gettext, or unique gettext system) and systems without locale system
so it is hardly to support all of them.

-----
TAKAHASHI, Motonobu(monyo)         monyo at samba.org
Personal - http://home.monyo.com/