[jlemon@flugsvamp.com: Re: Fw: Re: Implemented OPLOCK for FreeBsd]

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.org
Sat Sep 8 19:02:19 GMT 2001

> When I looked at this recently it also became apparent that
> we don't support level2 oplocks in the kernel (jeremy, please
> correct if I'm wrong).

the Linux API does support level2, but right now the Samba code
doesn't take advantage of that.

Before changing that what we really need is a good oplock test
suite. We really have no way of validating our oplock code at the
moment, so I'm reluctant to make changes before we are able to do that
properly.

I did start on a oplock testsuite in smbtorture, but it is woefully
inadequate at the moment. We will need some sort of state machine and
a dual server test to validate our behaviour against NT.