[jlemon@flugsvamp.com: Re: Fw: Re: Implemented OPLOCK for FreeBsd]

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Sat Sep 8 06:51:06 GMT 2001

On Fri, 7 Sep 2001, Jonathan Lemon wrote:

> Samba appears to only care about write locks, so a first cut at the
> implementation doesn't need to worry about read/write locks and the
> upgrading to read->write, etc.

When I looked at this recently it also became apparent that
we don't support level2 oplocks in the kernel (jeremy, please
correct if I'm wrong).  Not sure what you mean about upgrading
to read/write.  My understanding is that you can only downgrade
from exclusive to level2 (never upgrade).  You would need to simply
request a new exclusive lease on the file.

cheers, jerry
 www.samba.org              SAMBA Team              jerry_at_samba.org
 www.plainjoe.org                                jerry_at_plainjoe.org