2.2.1a on Solaris; runaway fcntl bugfix !

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Sat Sep 8 09:30:04 GMT 2001

On Sat, 8 Sep 2001, Scott Moomaw wrote:

> I concur that the problem still exists.  I didn't get the detailed log
> files that I need to diagnose, but we did see the problem occur since
> the latest CVS.  Jerry, I'd be interested in the steps that you are
> using to reproduce the problem.  I'm to the point that I can often
> force the problem but not consistently.

The problem occurs under heavy load on a E3000 (4x250Mhz) w/1.5 Gb of
RAM.  Durng a network installation of MatLab 5.1 from a Samba share,
the problem occurs when the client starts installing a large number of
small files (e.g. *gifs used for documentation).

You shouldn't be getting a spinning process now though.  Are you?
Rather the error messages in the log from open_mode_check()
show that it still exists.

cheers, jerry
 www.samba.org              SAMBA Team              jerry_at_samba.org
 www.plainjoe.org                                jerry_at_plainjoe.org