Retrieving user groups using Samba

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Sat Sep 8 07:09:02 GMT 2001

On Fri, 7 Sep 2001, Venugopal Managoli wrote:

> Now, the question is how to unmarshall group sid(s) from response. It
> seems like groups sid(s) are embedded in the "security blob". Please
> let us know how to retrieve these groups sid(s) from the response. Is
> there any Java implementation for the same ?

As part of a SAMLOGON, the group list (rids) is returned as part of the
NET_USER_INFO_3 struct.  See rpc_server/srv_netlog_nt.c and rpc_samr.h

Don't know of any Jave implementation od MS-RPC.

cheers, jerry
 www.samba.org              SAMBA Team              jerry_at_samba.org
 www.plainjoe.org                                jerry_at_plainjoe.org