Fw: Re: Implemented OPLOCK for FreeBsd

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri Sep 7 20:01:40 GMT 2001

On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 07:57:39PM -0500, Jonathan Lemon wrote:

> Any failures are handled at allocation time when registering a new
> event, and reported to the application.

Oh. Just read this more closely. Isn't this the same as:

The function sigqueue() causes the signal specified by signo to be sent
     with the value specified by value to the process specified by pid.

If any of the
     conditions below occur, the sigqueue() function shall return -1 and set
     errno to the corresponding value:

     [EAGAIN]       No resources available to queue the signal.  The process
                    has already queued SIGQUEUE_MAX signals that are still
                    pending at the receivers, or a system wide resource limit
                    has been exceeded.

Sounds suspiciously the same to me...... :-).

Remember, the oplock break message has to be
sent from the kernel, not another smbd. So resource
limits are still a problem aren't they ?

Jeremy.