Errors compiling latest CVS on Solaris 8

Toomas Soome tsoome at ut.ee
Tue Sep 4 01:28:26 GMT 2001

Rafal Szczesniak wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, Toomas Soome wrote:
>
> > I can (and most probably probably will) make updates, but I really do
> > not know if it's worth to send them out -- it has taken months with
> > previous diffs and dozens of emails... I'm afraid, there is black hole
> > in samba team for diffs...
>
> No, it's just VERY limited processing power :) I feel it on
> myself (with documentation). That's quite usual: If you want
> to keep good ("tight") control over a project, you have to
> be careful with applying submitted patches. If you want to
> be "opened" and apply each (well, most) patch, you can't
> keep such control ...

yes, I agree with this, but still I expect at least some reaction about
my post - reason why it will be rejected or delayd etc.... and of course
this is not my problem - there has been lots of people asking about
status of their problem in samba-technical....

don't take me wrong - I know there are lots of issues with protocol and
people in samba team are busy, this is not commertial project etc etc,
but still some issues can be solved better -- samba-bugs web interface
is quite good starting point for example....

toomas
--
Why do so many foods come packaged in plastic?
It's quite uncanny.