Errors compiling latest CVS on Solaris 8

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Mon Sep 3 18:44:47 GMT 2001

On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, TAKAHASHI Motonobu wrote:

> Gerald Carter wrote:
> >> Used "./configure --with-nisplus --with-nisplus-home"
> >> Running make I get:
> >
> >--with-nisplus has been removed.  Do you really have a need
> >for it?
>
> Even in Japanese Samba mailing list there were still some questions
> about --with-nisplus recently from several person.
>
> It seems that --with-nisplus options is still used.
> I think it is not good to fade out this option and before removing this,
> we had better announce this.

Then someone had better update it. :-)  I'll post a query for a
maintainer to samba at samba.org and samba-technical at samba.org a see if
someone is willing to pick it up.  Won't compile currently because
of the passdb merge into SAMBA_2_2.

Thanks for reminding me.....

cheers, jerry
 www.samba.org              SAMBA Team              jerry_at_samba.org