Query Regarding Samba Source

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
Wed Oct 31 15:28:01 GMT 2001

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Suman Sai wrote:

> I'm working on a project where I need to trap Samba calls to the Samba
> server and write out each of these calls to a separate output file, in
> a certain format. I know that logs are generated, but this is a
> different thing I'm looking for. Could someone please tell me which
> files in the source code I need to check out? I'm feeling pretty lost
> in this plethora of .C files, and can't really make out where to
> start. To make my question more direct, in which module are the Samba
> calls actually received by the server, and where are they parsed?

You will probably need to annote the source for more profiling
information.  Look at the *_PROFILE macros.

Maybe also see the switch_message() and annote the source here.

cheers and good luck, jerry
 www.samba.org              SAMBA Team              jerry_at_samba.org
 www.plainjoe.org                                jerry_at_plainjoe.org