straw poll for "veto files" [was Re: "veto files" problem]

Simo Sorce idra at samba.org
Fri Oct 26 00:52:02 GMT 2001

At first I would say no,
but suppose you have an app the create some kind of file the admin want to
preserve at all costs, that are unecessary to users once created...
(Think of some kind of backup or log file...)

I think we should not change the behaviour of veto files, or at least
create a parameter to allow the previous behaviour and put it by default to
no, and let admins know this is changed and that they need to enable this new
parameter if they want the old behaviour.

Simo Sorce       idra at samba.org