Alerting sysadmins [Was: Deleting parameters]

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Tue Nov 20 09:00:26 GMT 2001

David Collier-Brown wrote:
>         I'm thinking of both text-based displays
>         with lines colored to indicate severity and
>         gui variants with colored icons to indicate
>         particular problems...

	For example, the attached gif show one of our
	console's rules for scanning syslog for
	error messages: on can easily write patterns
	for samba to which will turn into pop-up warnings.

	Pardon the colors: I grabbed this from a machine
	with a mostly-full color table (;-))

--dave
Americas Customer Engineering, | some people and astonish the rest.
SunPS Integration Services.    |                      -- Mark Twain
(905) 415-2849                 | davecb at canada.sun.com