Win clients misbehave when security=server

Neil Hoggarth neil.hoggarth at physiol.ox.ac.uk
Mon Nov 5 02:49:03 GMT 2001

On Sun, 4 Nov 2001, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Sounds right :)  security = server is depreciated (or deprecated). :)

That reminds me:

Is security=domain supposed to work for domains controlled by Samba 2.2
PDCs, or does one still need an NT domain controller?

It didn't seem to work in Samba controlled domains last time I fiddled
with it casually, and I went back to using security=server, but I'll
persue it with some more vigour if it is supposed to work!

Regards,
--
Neil Hoggarth                                 Departmental Computer Officer
<neil.hoggarth at physiol.ox.ac.uk>                   Laboratory of Physiology