utilities for active directory and smbpasswd

Jim McDonough jmcd at us.ibm.com
Thu Nov 1 09:17:02 GMT 2001

I think this is a great idea.  We had planned on some expansion of the
"net" command, and the first thing that came to mind was adding RPC calls
instead of just RAP calls (you know, the old OS/2 bias is hard to get rid
of).  We planned also on doing better language support in the help and
messages area, as demonstrated by having all text constants in one
area...it was a primitive first step, but we wanted to be careful to not
using them directly in the code (debug statements excepted).  I was kind of
waiting to see how things shook out with the other internationalization
code.

----------------------------
Jim McDonough
IBM Linux Technology Center