utilities for active directory and smbpasswd

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.org
Thu Nov 1 14:51:03 GMT 2001

Jim,

>  We planned also on doing better language support in the help and
> messages area, as demonstrated by having all text constants in one
> area...it was a primitive first step, but we wanted to be careful to not
> using them directly in the code (debug statements excepted).  I was kind of
> waiting to see how things shook out with the other internationalization
> code.

All you need to do is print the messages using d_printf(). That
function looks up the local translation database before displaying the
message, so individual utilities don't really need to know about
translations, you can just let the translators add the messages to
their .msg files and it will immediately replace the messages in the
net utility.

Cheers, Tridge