Can Any one give me some design documents of samba.

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Fri Mar 30 15:04:35 GMT 2001

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001 00:35:02 Karthikeyan wrote:

> Linux 2..2.14 and samba 2.0.7. we thought this project could
> give us more insight on samba as well as in linux kernel.
> we planned to store the NT ACL as a data block and point
> to these data blocks from the i_file_acl  field of inode
> of the file .

I haven't look into this deeply, but is the Extended
Attributes portion of the http://acl.bestbits.at relavent?

> In-order for these if we have some documents that talks
> of the design of samba it will be helpful to us .

As others have said, there are no official design docs.
The source code is it (and the archives from this mailing
list).

My advice is to understand it in parts.  The code is very
modular in some respects.  TDB, TALLOC, etc...  Things that
are used through though the code I mean...

Cheers, jerry
 \/    http://www.valinux.com/  VA Linux Systems   gcarter at valinux.com
       http://www.samba.org/       SAMBA Team          jerry at samba.org
       http://www.plainjoe.org/                     jerry at plainjoe.org