Ownership of Samba code [Was: Re: VxFS quotas]

Ludolf Holzheid LHolzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
Tue Mar 27 19:58:55 GMT 2001

On 27 Mar 2001, at 9:27, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> This is why we not have the NT Point and
> print code worked on by HP (from JF's original codebase)
> and many other parts of Samba (from SGI, Veritas, HP, Linuxcare,
> VA Linux etc).

I'm not sure if I understand this:

Does it mean JF's code used by HP (and the other parts of Samba you
mention) has been released under BSD licence?

Ludolf

Ludolf Holzheid             Tel:    +49 621 3392723
Bihl+Wiedemann GmbH         Fax:    +49 621 3392239
Flosswoerthstrasse 41       e-mail  LHolzheid at Bihl-Wiedemann.de
D-68199 Mannheim, Germany