Help...Samba problem accessing NT servers

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Sun Mar 25 01:59:27 GMT 2001

At 04:25 PM 3/22/01 -0500, Simpson, Dain F wrote:
>Hello,
>
>My name is Dain Simpson with the Naval Ice Center...We are having problems
>with our NT servers accessing the Unix server in which samba is
>installed...The NT servers and clients receive a message to enter a network
>passwd to access the samba unix filesystems. I am able to run testparm,
>smbpasswd to access the domain, and to run swat on my unix samba server with
>no problems...the smbd, nmbd daemons are correct

Hmmm, so the smbd and nmbd daemons are running? Or you have started them up?

> and I have the entries in
>the /etc/services and inetd.conf files for samba protocols and
>services...

Hmmm, you normally run either the daemons all the time, or you run them
from inetd.conf, but not both.

Can you confirm exactly what you have done here?

>  but I can not access the NT servers/clients...

Normally Samba provides services to NT clients ...

Can you clarify what you are trying to do?

>                                                Any help would be
>greatly appreciated...Thanks...
>

>Dain Simpson
>
>Naval Ice Center