Every 6 minutes ... broken pipe

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Wed Mar 21 12:42:09 GMT 2001

Guy Roussin wrote:
> Sorry for the inconvenience, i post this message on samba list
> and i get no response. Perhaps, 2.2.0 fix this behavior ?

	Actually no: I didn't notice it (work keeps
	interfering with my hobbies (;-))

> I use samba 2.0.7 on solaris 2.7 and 2.8. Every 6 minutes I have a broken
> pipe in log.smb on hosts where "security = SERVER" in smb.conf but never on
> host where "security = USER".

	Ok set keepalive = 0 in the globals section
	of you smb.conf.

	Samba team: should I produce a patch that
	makes keepalive = 0 the default iff security = server?

--dave
Performance & Engineering Team | some people and astonish the rest.
Americas Customer Engineering  |                      -- Mark Twain
(905) 415-2849                 | davecb at canada.sun.com