CVS update: samba/source/rpc_server

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Sat Mar 17 19:35:18 GMT 2001

On Sat, Mar 17, 2001 at 01:17:14PM -0600, Gerald Carter wrote:

> > Actually, AS/U connects to it as a disk share
> > as I recall from the logs Herb sent me.
>
> I'm confused....ADMIN$ on NT is a disk share set to
> %SYSTEMROOT%.  I know we are talking about ADMIN$
> used by AS/U servers here, but Tridge's comment
> was a little ambiguous.
>
> Can someone expand a little here.

Yes, I think that's the problem. ADMIN$ is a disk
share, but AS/U connects to it as a disk share then
starts doing IPC (RPC calls) down it.

That works on NT (obviously) and so when I emulated
it for Samba I created it as a disk share by design, but denied
any disk I/O on it as we only need it to support AS/U
IPC and don't really want a default share like that.

My plan is to get Herb to re-test with Andrews changes,
and if it breaks AS/U he may need to roll them back
(oooh - that would be a first to my knowledge :-) :-).

Jeremy.