samba-2.2.0p1: IRIX 6.5 and AUTOMOUNT

Knut Hellebø Knut.Hellebo at nho.hydro.com
Fri Mar 16 14:24:45 GMT 2001

Regards,

I have problems getting 2.2.0p1 compiled on a IRIX box running configure
with --with-automount option. The compilation bombs on lib/substitute.c
saying

cc-1140 cc: ERROR File = lib/substitute.c, Line = 108
  A value of type "int" cannot be used to initialize an entity of type
"char *".

                char *automount_value = automount_lookup(user_name);
                                        ^

cc-1140 cc: ERROR File = lib/substitute.c, Line = 143
  A value of type "int" cannot be used to initialize an entity of type
"char *".

                char *automount_value = automount_lookup(user_name);
                                        ^

2 errors detected in the compilation of "lib/substitute.c".

This leads me to believe that the automount_lookup routine is not
defined but if I put in a

extern char *automount_lookup(char *);

for testing in the lib/substitute.c file, I get automount_lookup
unresolved when linking. The only definition of the automount_lookup
function I can find, is in lib/util.c but somehow this definition does
not seem to get included when compiling lib/substitute.c Any ideas ?

Compilation have been tried on IRIX 6.5.1[01] using MIPSpro 7.3.2.1
compiler.

Please respond to the sender e-mail address as I am not a member of this
list.

      *         Knut Hellebø                     | DAMN GOOD COFFEE !! *
      * Hydro IS Partner Unix Team               | (and hot too)       *
      * Phone: +47 55 996870, Fax: +47 55 996342 |                     *
      * Cellular Phone: +47 93005151             |                     *
      * E-mail: Knut.Hellebo at nho.hydro.com       | Dale Cooper, FBI    *