addprinter?

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Tue Mar 6 15:55:48 GMT 2001

On Mon, 05 Mar 2001 13:58:00 Gary Wilson wrote:

> I am still trying to get the Add Printer Wizard to work.
> I am using the latest CVS Samba_2_2. Since this is all
> undocumented, I find I'm having some trouble. The drivers
> upload okay, but on the final step I get an access
> denied error. I think that this must be because I do
> not have an addprinter command defined. Is there a script
> for this? Can someone help me figure out
> how to set up a printer from Windows in Samba 2.2?

Gary,

Have you read the chapter on "Printing Support in Samba
2.2.x" in docs/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf?  This was
formally the PRINTER_DRIVER2.txt file.

Also see the following parameters in smb.conf(5)

	printer admin
	addprinter command
	deleteprinter command
	enumports command

let me know if you have more specific questions.

Cheers, jerry
 \/    http://www.valinux.com/  VA Linux Systems   gcarter at valinux.com
       http://www.samba.org/       SAMBA Team          jerry at samba.org
       http://www.plainjoe.org/                     jerry at plainjoe.org