talloc_realloc

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba-tng.org
Tue Mar 6 10:19:20 GMT 2001

> memory more than the less elegent realloc code (which I left working
> in head). I finally discussed this with Andrew on Sunday. He was
> quite kind (in fact I don't think the words "told you so" passed
> his lips once :-).

that is far better treatment than i received.

flat rejection without explanation, without interest, and without
questions. "talloc is trivial alloc.  therefore it cannot have realloc of
any kind."

he was basically totally and actively disinterested in any kind of
technical discussion of any kind.  it was a bit like pavlov's dog.  ring
the bell, and the dog salivates.  i mention an idea, he rejects it.

and yes, i know: these are not the sorts of things that are considered
should go on public mailing lists.

but one of _the_ most important things for me is that this sort of thing
never happens to anyone else, again, EVER.  for someone who is supposed to
lead a team, dr andrew tridgell is quite capable of attempting to destroy
someone's career, which is ... i don't know how to express how i feel
about that.

i would never wish for anyone to be treated the way i was treated
[sympathy NOT required and NOT requested.  i am simply making a
statement].

luke

 ----- Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at samba-tng.org> -----

"i want a world of dreams, run by near-sighted visionaries"
"good.  that's them sorted out.  now, on _this_ world..."