Tiny Change to allow spaces in valid users list

John Trostel jtrostel at connex.com
Fri Mar 2 19:11:57 GMT 2001

With a tiny change, samba 2.2 can be made to accept user names with spaces in
them in the

valid users =

line of a smb.conf file.

If I change the LIST_SEP in the user_in_list function of sources/lib/username.c
from its default value " \t,;:\n\r" (as #defined in local.h) to merely
"\t,;:\n\r", samba happily (it seems so far) accepts users with spaces.  Since
smbpasswd already accepts spaces, is there any compelling reason NOT to allow
spaces in user names here?

P.S.  I'm testing the change out here locally in the meantime.

--
John M. Trostel
Linux OS Engineer
jtrostel at connex.com