srvsvc 0x27 patch

Jim McDonough jmcd at us.ibm.com
Thu Jun 21 21:28:45 GMT 2001

Ok, if I checkout SAMBA_2_2 from 10 days ago and apply my patch, it works
fine.

If I checkout SAMBA_2_2 from 10 days ago, but use today's
rpc_server/srv_srvsvc_nt.c, I can view permissions, then change them, but
as soon as I go to view them again, explorer crashes.  Viewing doesn't
create a lock, but changing creates a lock that doesn't go away.

If I use today's code, the file gets locked immediately, and that lock
doesn't go away, and permissions cannot be changed (access denied).

Why would the lock be sticking around now?

Jim McDonough
Linux Technology Center
IBM Boulder

Notes: Jim McDonough/Boulder/IBM @ IBMUS