proto.h

Andrew Tridgell tridge at valinux.com
Fri Jun 22 02:02:32 GMT 2001

I'm getting sick of the diffs all the time on proto.h. I'm thinking we
can do this:

1) auto-build it if it doesn't exist, but don't make it depend on
   anything

2) when we ship the sources we do a make proto as part of the
   bin/release script

3) cvs delete it

This means that people building from cvs will need a working awk, but
those building from our released sources won't.

It's a pain that half the time spent waiting on cvs is in proto.h

btw, I really don't want it to depend on all source files, as that
would be just too painful for normal development.

any objections?