Slow write performance with Win 98 and Samba (fwd)

Kenichi Okuyama okuyamak at dd.iij4u.or.jp
Thu Jun 21 01:48:36 GMT 2001

Chris,

CRH> The source of the slowness is the rabbit-poop writes.  What I need
CRH> to figure out is what Samba is doing to cause Windows Explorer to go into
CRH> rabbit-poop mode.  Somehow we are triggering this problem.

Does this occur even when you stop delayed-ack?

I have seen this problem with Linux, but not with FreeBSD.  And
biggest difference between my Linux Machine and FreeBSD machine is
that I stop delayed-ack when it connect with Windows machine, while
on Linux, we have no way to do this for kernel 2.4.2.

regards,
----
Kenichi Okuyama