Problems with Samba 2.2.0 on Solaris 8 with quotas

Tim Potter tpot at valinux.com
Sat Jun 16 04:48:39 GMT 2001

Shirish Kalele writes:

> >Oh, what DFS stuff are you looking at?
>
> Oh, this was before 2.2 was released and there were some problems with the
> DFS stuff in the big merge.

OK.  I committed some dfs functions for rpcclient the other day.
Basically all the client side dfs calls are implemented now.

> >I've got a chdir in
> >smbclient that nearly does the right thing with DFS.  I can't
> >figure out how to send a dfs redirect though...

> To get a redirect, smbclient will need to open an IPC connection, and send
> a TRANS2_GET_DFS_REFERRAL call.

Now that's the tricky bit.  I was stumped before on how to set up
the trans2 call for get/set security descriptors on files.
Tridge had to code it up.  (-:

> It will then need to do have another connection open to the redirected
> server and will need to keep track of where it is in the directory tree to
> know whom to talk to.

Hey, do you have a slightly more readable format of your cifs2000
talk?  I have this big powerpoint file but can't read it.

Tim.