large file support > 2 gig with rh 7.1

Chad samba-technical at yourmomma.myip.org
Thu Jun 7 05:31:40 GMT 2001

ok, I tried that too.  The error I get when trying to copy/paste with win98
explorer is "Cannot create or replace bigfile: The parameter is incorrect".
The file is ~ 2.8 gig.

dos shows :
f:\movies>copy bigfile.tar d:\
F:\movies\bigfile.tar => D:\bigfile.tar
Access denied "D:\bigfile.tar"
     0 files copied

These are the lines in my Makefile -
CFLAGS=-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -O
CPPFLAGS=-D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_GNU_SOURCE

I don't have any reason to need 2.2.0, so maybe I'll try a previous version.
Anyone from Samba development know a reason this would not work?  I'll
provide any debug information needed.

Chad