File corruption again

Dmitry Melekhov dm at belkam.com
Wed Jun 6 06:36:33 GMT 2001

Jeremy Allison wrote:

Hello!

> On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 08:26:02AM +0500, Dmitry Melekhov wrote:
> >
> > OK. My enviroment- RedHat 6.2, kernel 2.2.19enterprise (or, sometimes, 2.4.4),
> >
> > I connect to samba from w2k server without SP from wmware running on the same
> >
> > machine. Application is Windows Commander, but the same problem is with
> >
> > Explorer. I'm trying to copy Win98SE distribution, application freeze on 100% copy
> >
> > base4.cab.
> >
> > As I remember there was message in technical list from Gerald Carter with the
> >
> > same problem description:
>
> Ok, can you clarify if this is still a problem with
> the current CVS please ? I saw the message reporting

Yes, problem exists with yestarday CVS.

> a loop from you, replied asking for more info, and then
> saw a later message from you saying everything was fixed.

?
I never wrote that problem is fixed. Problem with ivalid packet length was fixed,
but this problem exists :(

> As that was the later message (after I tested and added
> the fix using vmware) I assumed this issue was closed.

I never had problem with file corruption. But I can't copy files to samba.

> Can you confirm if it is closed or still a problem. If
> so I'll work with Gerald as he could reproduce it.

Thank you!

--
Wire connection and Windows reinstallation senior engineer
Dmitry Melekhov