File corruption again

Dmitry Melekhov dm at belkam.com
Wed Jun 6 03:26:02 GMT 2001

Jeremy Allison wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 03:04:27PM +0500, Dmitry Melekhov wrote:
> >
> > Still can't copy anything from w2k server to samba.
> > Just downloaded latest CVS and get in loop:
>
> More details please. How are you trying to copy
> "anything". What application ? Until I can reproduce
> your problems have to depend on good bug reports.
>
> Once I can reproduce this I'll be able to nail it
> almost immediately.

OK. My enviroment- RedHat 6.2, kernel 2.2.19enterprise (or, sometimes, 2.4.4),

I connect to samba from w2k server without SP from wmware running on the same

machine. Application is Windows Commander, but the same problem is with

Explorer. I'm trying to copy Win98SE distribution, application freeze on 100% copy

base4.cab.

As I remember there was message in technical list from Gerald Carter with the

same problem description:

<quote>

BUG] LARGE_READ/LARGE_WRITE

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com