VFS modules / MSDFS tweaking

Kevin (HxPro) Wheatley hxpro at cinesite.co.uk
Mon Jul 23 13:39:07 GMT 2001

Gerald Carter wrote:
> The example modules have suffered from bit rot and need to be updated to
> match the current interface.

Ah, thanks for the mail, I was looking for documentation as to what
could be going on ... I hadn't quite checked out the CVS diffs on the
vfs source.

I'm thinking of tweaking (via VFS) the msdfs links to translate
/hosts/server/share used by our Unix machines into MSDFS redirects for
our Win2/NT clients.

The msdfs:server\share syntax works but it will mean maintaining the
links differntly for both platforms.

On a related note, if I have a read only share serverd by multiple
machines, can I get away with DNS round robin style load balancing, or
is there something in the MSDFS bits that make this better ?

Thanks

Kevin

--
| Kevin Wheatley             | These are the opinions of nobody   |
| Technical Services Manager | and are not shared by my employers |