meeting with SUGJ

Samba-JP TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at samba.gr.jp
Thu Jul 19 11:58:24 GMT 2001

>> - the head branch does mostly work with Japanese, with some
>>   exceptions.
>
>nice :-)

Yesterday Andrew showed me how HEAD branch works. Thanks!
But on my laptop, HEAD branch still does not work with Japanese.
I will examine this later.

>> - apparently docbook doesn't properly support Japanese. We didn't
>>   work out how to solve this, but it could be a pain for the
>>   translated docs.
>
>what kind of document format do they use?

In Samba 2.0.x period, we made a Japanese patch for yodl and used
yodl.

We are now translating docbook format documents, but we cannot convert
them to HTML or other formats.

I myself think this is temporary problem. Sooner or later Japanese
patch for docbook will be made.

-----
TAKAHASHI Motonobu                    mailto:monyo at samba.gr.jp
Samba Users Group Japan               http://www.samba.gr.jp/